Former Shelby County Deputy District Attorney, several former MPD employees indicted in TBI investigation
MEMPHIS, Tennessee – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said a year-long investigation led to the indictment of a former Shelby County Assistant Attorney General, three former Memphis Police Department employees, of a lawyer from Memphis and four others.
According to the TBI, District Attorney General Amy Weirich asked the TBI to investigate “the improper use of confidential information by someone within their office” in June 2020. The TBI says Weirich s ‘is then withdrawn from the case and has been dealt with by the district attorney general. Bryant Dunaway.
The TBI said an investigation revealed that the former Deputy District Attorney General, Glenda Adams, and several others were responsible for an “elaborate plan to profit from the use of confidential information in the reports of Memphis Police “.
Adams was fired in October of last year.
The TBI identified the other suspects as Egypt Berry, Latausha Blair, Renatta Dillard, Roderick Harvey, Marcus Lewis, personal injury lawyer Aaron Neglia, Martin Nolan and Mustafa Sajid.
“When I first learned that one of our prosecutors was at risk of potentially criminal behavior, I asked the BIT to open an investigation and I challenged that office. I fired Ms. Adams in October, ”Weirich said in a statement on Friday. “I am grateful to TBI and General Dunaway for the work they have done so far on this matter. I also thank those who brought this issue to the attention of law enforcement. Representing the citizens of Shelby County is an incredible privilege and honor for all of us here. I will not tolerate the abuse of this privilege and honor.
The TBI says Berry, Blair and Nolan were employees of the Memphis Police Department at the time. They have all resigned since.
Berry and Dillard were reportedly arrested on Friday and Harvey is still at large. The TBI says the others should surrender.
TBI says the Shelby County grand jury returned the following indictments:
- Adams (DDN: 12/08/72): corruption of an official, official misconduct, violation of a law on the computer over $ 10,000
- Berry (DDN: 04/21/85): bribery of a public official (2 counts), official misconduct, violation of the law on the computer over $ 10,000
- Blair (DDN: 05/31/71): Computer law violation over $ 10,000
- Dillard (DDN: 06/26/67): Computer law violation over $ 10,000
- Harvey (DDN: 1/28/82): corruption of an official, violation of the law on the computer over $ 10,000
- Lewis (DDN: 05/17/2080): corruption of an official
- Neglia (DDN: 12/27/82): corruption of an official, violation of the law on the computer over $ 10,000
- Nolan (DDN: 07/28/87): bribery of public official, official misconduct, computer law violation over $ 10,000
- Sajid (DDN: 24/11/79): corruption of an official
Suggest a correction