Biden and Trump make TIME’s most influential people of the year list
(KTVX) – President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump are among the politicians, athletes, celebrities and more on TIME’s 18th annual list of the 100 most influential people of the year.
The magazine selected those who “work to build a better future”.
âThey are disruptors, repairers, doers, iconoclasts, problem solvers – people who, during a year of crisis, have thrown themselves into the fray,â said Edward Felsenthal, editor-in-chief and CEO of TIME.
This year’s list of influencers includes 10 climate leaders and 54 women. The youngest of them is Sunisa Lee, 18, an American gymnast, while the oldest is Biden, 78.
Here are some of the names that made the list:
- Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
- Naomi Osaka, Japanese tennis player
- Country music star Dolly Parton
- Los Angeles Angels player Shohei Ohtani
- Britney Spears, pop star
- Billie Eilish, pop star
- Ben Crump, attorney for George Floyd et al.
- Sunisa Lee, American gymnast
- Simone Biles, American gymnast
- Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback
- Shonda Rhimes, well-known American television producer and writer for “Grey’s Anatomy”
- Allyson Felix, American athletics star
- Tim Cook, Apple CEO
- Kate Winslet, British actress
- Scarlett Johansson, American actress
- Daniel Kaluuya, British actor
- Lil Nas X, pop star
- Bowen Yang, star of “Saturday Night Live”
- Country star Kane Brown
- Jason Sudeikis, American actor
- Kamala Harris, Vice-President
- Biden, President
- Trump, former president
- Fox News presenter Tucker Carlson
- Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Liz Cheney, representative (R-Wyo.)
- Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla and SpaceX
- Adrienne Banfield Norris, Willow Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith for “Red Table Talk”
- Mary Barra, CEO of General Motors
- Barney Graham, Deputy Director of the Vaccine Research Center and Head of the Viral Pathogenesis Laboratory
On Monday, ABC and TIME Studios will air a special TV event, âTIME100,â sharing the list of the world’s most influential people. It will be released after the premiere of “Dancing with the Stars”.
You can view the full list here.
Suggest a correction